Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Let's get Lost....


There are so many important things happening in the world about which I could blog. Instead, I'm going to make a brief post about Lost.

I love this show.

I waited and waited for the premiere episode(s) of the final season to come... and finally it came, last night, at the end of Groundhog Day (appropriate, I'd say). I believe this final season is off to a promising start. Instead of flashing back in time (like they did for a while), or flashing forward in time (like they did for a while), they now seem to be "flashing sideways" (as some are calling it). That is, there are now two simultaneous timelines.

I won't try to explain Lost. It's far too complicated for me to explain, even if I could. Why do I love it? In addition to the amazing quality of the acting, writing, filming, etc., the show focuses on the BIG questions. There's the matter of time and space... and "reality". There are allusions to western and eastern religious traditions, and to ancient Egyptian traditions. There are questions of "good versus evil" and all sorts of ethical quandaries.

I can't wait for next Tuesday night!