It's an exciting time in the fight for Marriage Equality. It has been so heartwarming to see the solidarity of all of those in favor of full recognition of same sex marriage.
On a somewhat related note, I recently complained in this blog about celebrities who are ambiguously and reluctantly "out" as LGBTQ. If I'm going to complain about closeted celebrities (those who would have little to lose in coming out, as far as I can tell), I should praise those who are out, and particularly those who had the courage to be out when it was so hard to be out. Yesterday I had this tweet exchange with childhood hero Martina Navratilova:
@revlara youre welcome:)
— Martina Navratilova (@Martina) March 27, 2013
Nice, right? Now if I can just get Paul McCartney to tweet back to me....
Speaking of LGBTQ issues, please come to "Coming Out and Keeping the Faith"
Wednesday, April 3rd 7pm – 8:30pm
Northern Essex Community College
100 Elliott Street (Rt. 110) Haverhill, MA 01830
(The Hartleb Tech. Center is an easy building to find from either of the entrances. www.necc.mass.edu/
An Evening of Dialogue with LGBTQ youth and leaders of diverse congregations
Bullying in the name of religion happens:
• LGBTQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning) identity and religion is one of the most charged topics of our time
• Religion is cited as the #1 reason for parents' rejection of LGBTQ children
• Panel discussion with 3 youth and 3 area clergy
• Musical Video “I Don’t Deserve This” by Amanda McCarthy
• Dr. Caitlin Ryan’s research on LGBTQ youth
• How to be faith allies in support of our LGBTQ community
Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
In Partnership with Northern Essex Community College, and PFLAG of Greater Boston
For Facebook event page, click here.