Monday, June 6, 2016

35 years at Cape Cod Sea Camps

The Unitarian Universalist Congregation in Andover has had an annual retreat at Cape Cod Sea Camps each June for the past 35 years! This was my seventh year along for the wonderful ride.

Many UU congregations in this area go to Ferry Beach; we "lost" our reservation there decades ago, and so started going to CCSC. It's a really wonderful spot for a get away, so no regrets.

In this picture to the left, taken yesterday, I am about to ring the bell to begin our outdoor worship at the "Poop Deck".

One of our traditions is that on Saturday night we have a sing-along. We had yet another great one this year. And, for the first time in many years (including the first time in my experience) we had our "Talent/No Talent" show. It was so much fun to see what people decided to share! And it was a truly all-ages event.

One of the best things about the UUCiA -- let me brag -- is how much we love kids of all ages. We are the most intergenerationally-oriented congregation I have personally experienced. I can take no credit for this -- the UUCiA was like this when I arrived!

And in seven years, you really see kids grow up. It's been such a privilege to be a part of it.

No comments: