Thursday, September 14, 2017

Long time, no blog!

Well, I have clearly not been blogging like I should. It's been a very eventful time since I last posted! I returned from my sabbatical (which lasted from January 1, 2017 until May 1, 2017). Much of my time was spent catching up with everything from my absence, as well as internalizing what I did myself while I was away. Two post-sabbatical sermons might give you a better sense of things that I haven't had a chance to post here. My first post-sabbatical sermon was "Self-Exile's Return: Reentry from Sabbatical". I also preached about some of my most dramatic sabbatical experiences in "'The Sacred and the Profane': A Trip to India".

The other thing I've been up to is moving my household. We sold our home of 17 years in June and moved to Lowell. We love Lowell! What a great city! Lowell, where have you been all my life?

Andover Vigil for Charlottesville (photo by David Grober)
In the meantime, there has been the never-ending work of fighting for justice, together. You can read about one action in an Andover Townsman article, "Andover Vigil for Charlottesville Brings Community Solidarity".

Meanwhile, we are back to our full worship services at Locke Street on 10:30 a.m. on Sunday. I hope that you will join us sometime soon! It is an amazing community of people.

No comments: