Sunday, August 2, 2009

Why the UUCiA?

Above: I continue to set up the office ... come see it in person some Wednesday!

July has been a wonderful month for me. I have enjoyed beginning to meet many of you at the summer potlucks as well as other venues. In August, I hope to meet even more of you. I will continue to go to as many potlucks as I can (what wonderful food and company!), and I would also be happy to meet you at my Office Hours.

Don't forget: I will have Office Hours in August on Wednesdays from noon until 5 p.m. (with the exception of August 12, when I will be at the UUA for a class). Please drop by! If Wednesday afternoons don’t work for you and you’d still like to meet, please don’t hesitate to call or e-mail me to arrange for a meeting at another time or place. I very much look forward to meeting you and getting to know your stories, hopes, ideas, and more.

As I have been talking to many of you, I am beginning to get a clearer and clearer picture of what makes the UUCiA so special. And now I have a request: please take a few moments to close your eyes, take a deep breath, and ask yourself, “Why am I part of the UUCiA?” Think about what makes this congregation your chosen one. And when you have answered that for yourself, please share the answer with me (in phone, by e-mail, or in person). This year, we want to build on all the wonderful pieces that are already a part of the UUCiA. Your input is a key part of that process.

I hope you are enjoying your summer as much as I am. I am still plumb excited to be part of this unique congregation.

No comments: