Sunday, August 23, 2009

Just what IS that poster?

Above: my reflection can be seen in the glass, as I try to take a photo of the poster.... A link to a better picture (and the site where I purchased the poster) is here.

I continue to decorate the minister's study. I put up a poster that I like... It might be a bit too dark, I'm afraid, but I still like it. It's a poster of a piece called "Skywatcher", by Susan Seddon Boulet.

Rather than make you guess what it is I like about this piece, I'll just tell you!

I feel more connected spiritually to the “interdependent web of all existence” when I think cosmologically. Because of this, I also try to spend time under the stars in the night sky a few times a month. Some months, I don't get there. Sometimes it's too cold. Sometimes the sky is too overcast when I try. But usually once or twice a month, I'm a "skywatcher" myself. Looking up at the night sky brings me a deep feeling of connectedness and peace.

My partner Emily gave me a telescope for our anniversary. I have yet to master it, but I hope to. I wonder how magnification will change the experience....

No comments: