Thursday, January 19, 2017

Going to the Women's March on Washington

This Saturday, I will be heading to participate in the Women's March on Washington. Because I'm on sabbatical, I'm able to make the trip to D.C. I will be going with some of my family members who live closer to D.C. than I do.

Last I knew, quite a few of the congregants from the Unitarian Universalist Congregation in Andover were planning to attend the march in Boston, which should also be quite large.

Here's hoping that this is the beginning of some meaningful solidarity in loving resistance to racism, sexism, homophobia, Islamophobia, anti-immigrant attitudes, and more.

The United States of America of the 21st century has such promise. Now is the time to make sure that it is our dreams, and not our nightmares, that become a reality.

No comments: